A request for obtaining information under Section 6(1) of the Act needs to be accompanied by an application fee of Rs.10 by way of cash against proper receipt or by DD or bankers' cheque or Indian Postal Order.
As per the Right to Information (Regulation of Fee and Cost) Rules, 2005, the public authority shall charge:
- Rs.2/- for each page (in A-4 or A-3 size paper) created or copied;
- Actual charge or cost price of a copy in larger size paper;
- Actual cost or price for samples or models; and
- For inspection of records, no fee for the first hour; and a fee of rupees five for each subsequent hour (or fraction thereof).
Further, to provide information under Section 7(5) of the Right to Information Act, 2005, the public authority shall charge:
- Rs. 50/- per diskette or floppy; and
for information provided in printed form at the price fixed for such publication or Rs. 2/- per page of photocopy for extracts from the publication