Toll Free Helpline
Toll Free Helpline Service for Investors
To facilitate replies to various queries of the general public on matters relating to securities market, SEBI has undertaken a new initiative and launched toll free helpline service number 1800 266 7575 or 1800 22 7575 on December 30, 2011.
The toll free helpline service is available to investors from all over India and is in 14 languages viz. English, Hindi, Marathi, Gujarati, Tamil, Bengali, Malayalam, Telugu, Urdu, Oriya, Punjabi, Kannada, Assamese and Kashmiri. The toll free helpline service is available on all days from 9:00 a.m to 6:00 p.m (excluding declared holidays).
NOTE: Presently the tollfree helpline service is available on Saturday and Sunday in English, Hindi, Marathi and Gujarati.
The following services are available to the investors on the toll free helpline number
Guidance pertaining to -
- Status of companies - whether unlisted, sick, delisted, liquidated /wound up etc.
- Changes in names of companies pursuant to amalgamation/merger/demerger etc.
- Details of Registrar and Share Transfer Agent of a listed company.
- Details and Information on names and addresses of various registered intermediaries of SEBI
- Where to get information on regulatory action taken by SEBI?
- Where to get information on Corporate action like Dividend, Bonus, Right issue etc?
- Where to get Latest Net Asset Value (NAV) for a mutual Fund Scheme?
- How to lodge a complaint with SEBI?
- Against whom to lodge a complaint on SCORES?
- Status of complaint lodged with SEBI.
- Names and addresses of various Registrar of Companies, Official liquidators, BIFR etc.
- The regulators/authorities whom the investor has to approach for redressal of their grievances that are not under SEBI purview ex: RBI, IRDA, PFRDA, MCA etc.
Assistance in procedures viz.
- How to open demat /client account etc?
- Transfer of shares.
- Transmission of shares.
- Documents required for transfer/transmission of shares.
- Information on what to do if shares are lost/forged/fake.
- Procedure for applying for duplicate shares.
- How to apply in an IPO?
- Names and address of companies of who have filed their offer documents with SEBI.
The helpline service does not offer any legal opinion or investment advice to the investors.